There are many volunteer opportunities:
- Care of roses; tending flowers in planters located throughout the cemetery
- Developing fund-raising strategies and creating a mailing list
- Assisting with special events such as the Art Show
Become a Friend of Easton Cemetery
The Historic Easton Cemetery opened in 1849 and unlike many older cemetery, it is still has space for more grave sites. While this is good news, there are a concerns about how to maintain and protect this local treasure.
By becoming a Friend you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to keep the Historic Easton Cemetery as a local treasure. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. We also plan to have meetings only when we need them.
We hope that you will consider becoming a Friend of Easton Cemetery and help us out by volunteering for such things as:
- Doing research for special tours that focus on people buried in the cemetery who were associated with Civil War or Lafayette College.
- Creating tours that focus on horticulture – an extensive tree inventory has been completed.
- Developing an “Adopt-A-Tree” program.
- Conducting walking tours for groups.
- Produce a website; a cell phone tour.
- Assist in restoring monuments.
The need is great. We also want to make this a worthwhile experience so we will happily accept as much or as little time that you can spare. We can individualize your volunteer effort in any way you wish. For more information please contact Chris at the cemetery office: 610-252-1741
or complete the form below.